Corning Fiber Tools SL1003BB01 Product model:
Corning Fiber Tools SL1003BB01 Description:
Corning Fiber Tools SL1003BB01 Introduction
The Clauss stripper is used to remove the buffer coating with a diameter of 250 um from the fiber cladding with a diameter of 125 um. The tool also has a hole with a diameter of 1.98 mm giving the possibility to cut the cable jacket. Thanks to the ergonomic design, the tool is comfortable to use. It precisely removes the buffer not damaging the cladding. After completion of the job, the stripper should be locked.
Corning Fiber Tools SL1003BB01 Features
• For stripping 250-micron buffer coating to expose 125-micron cladded fiber
• 140 μm diameter hole and Opening in blade allows removal of 250-micron buffer coating from 125-micron fiber
• Second hole for stripping 2-3 mm fiber jackets
• Pre-set at the factory—no adjustments needed
• Will not scratch or nick glass fiber
• All stripping surfaces are manufactured to precise tolerances to assure clean, smooth strips
• Comfort-grip, ergonomic handles
• Lock to hold tool closed when it is not in use
• Length: 6.5 in (165 mm)
• Weight: 4.2 oz (119 g)
Stripping is the act of removing the protective polymer coating around optical fiber in preparation for fusion splicing, so a good quality fiber stripper will safely and efficiently remove the outside jacket from an optical fiber cable, and can help you speed up the process of performing fiber network maintenance work and avoid excessive network downtime.